Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poker?

I started playing poker about a year ago, and since then, my ability to play poker has increased dramatically. Since I haven't read many good books lately, I'm going to introduce to quote a line from one of the first books written about poker, (also known as "The Bible" of poker) which has dramatically helped my game and earned me a pretty penny: Doyle Brunson's Super System. In it he quotes: "The most important thing in Hold'em, once you've mastered and an idea of what hands to play, is an aggressive approach to the game. I've never seen a top player who was a "caller". (Super System 371) After reading this book i learned that if I'm in a hand, I'm going to play as aggressively as the situation allows. Playing aggressively doesn't mean playing dumb and throwing my chips away, it's using patience and well-timed aggression to throw your opponents off their game. So if you've ever folded a pot to me, it's nothing personal, strictly business.


Works Cited

Brunson, Doyle. Doyle Brunson's Super System A Course in Power Poker. 3rd ed. Vol. 1. New York: Cardoza, 1979.

No comments:

Post a Comment